
So it is 6:30 in the morning and I have been up all night looking for a show I could audition for. I need to act. It hurts. It is a tangible physical pain. I miss it. I need it. I need to either act or stage manage. Hell I would settle for being the lowest techy on the totem pole. I just need theatre. It has been too long. It’s like fire in my chest and its making me nervous and twitchy. I can’t find a single freaking show though. Effing auditions for the theatre department here took place last quarter, aka the quarter of doom. Needless to say I missed them. Auditions for the summer show in Springfield are tomorrow and Saturday, not freaking likely. Plus I am apparently at an age where stage acting is null. I am too old to play a child and too young to play an adult. Where are the shows for those of us between puberty and midlife crisis? What I really want is to be in a legitimate show. I want so bad to be in “Phantom” or “Wicked” or “Rent” or “Into the Woods” those are all musicals…sue me. No where seems to have any friggin auditions coming up. I’ve either missed them already or they don’t exist. I literally typed in Ohio theatre into Google and looked at every single listing that came up. Every. Single. One. Can you even imagine? Yeah, the closest thing I found was “Assassins”, but my age is my enemy as far as that goes cuz the female roles call for 30’s. Yeah, I doubt I can pull of 30. Anyway, it hurts and I need it to stop. I may see if I can work for Dan and Geoff at the Pac this summer just to get near it. I can run spot or something. It may not be Stage Manager and it may not be Leading Lady, but at least its stage. It’s like a drug and I’m going through withdrawal. *Takes a deep breath.* I need my stage fix. I need a script to follow. I need a director to listen to. I need to be surrounded by divas. It’s sick but it’s true. Ahhhhh! I would do “Fuente” again at this point. That’s how bad it is. Seriously. If I had ANY free time in my schedule I would take an acting class, just to get the rust off myself. I’m this close to creating gorilla theatre just to keep myself from going insane. Ahhhh! I keep wishing I could have the Christine Daae moment when the leading lady loses her mind and someone kindly suggest that Christine could play the role and then she timidly steps forward and blows everyone away and is now the diva of the theatre and the envy of every woman on that stage. Ok mine doesn’t need to be quite that dramatic but you get the general idea. I want a lead. I want a romantic lead. In fact if I could play Christine Daae I would be ecstatic beyond my imagination. Anyway…..that is my current obsession. The need for my stage fix. I am in theatre withdrawal.
You'll find something baby! Theatre will find you! We can go see a bunch of theatre too since its Spring!!! Love you!! Don't give up on listening/searching to/for the call of the stage.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I know it's bad when you are admitting to thinking of doing "Fuente" again! AHHHHHH! That fucking show haunts my nightmares!!!! Hopefully Tartuffe will be good enough to whet our appetites until we can find a damn show to do! Cuz sweetie, I WANT TO ACT TOO!!! It is killing me to not be on a stage, especially with all of this free time that I'm going to have this quarter in the evenings!
ReplyDeleteAre there any small groups in Columbus that you could join? Like just a local group or something? And unless OSU is like stingy and preppy, I'm sure there's a group that'd love to have you there to help even if you're not something official. Like I want to work on tech here too but my schedule doesn't work, so I helped usher for a play. Not the same as tech crew, I know, but it gets you involved, you know? And you can always start your own club!! ;)
ReplyDelete